Hi, my name is Malia Hutton. I am making rag quilts for babies in Mali, Africa. I was earning money by selling lemonade, cookies and brownies from my lemonade stand called 7th Heaven, in our back yard, which is next to the golf course. I was going to use the money I earned to buy a sewing machine. When I heard a Double Your Impact sermon God worked in my heart to make blankets for the new babies being born in the hospital in Mali. I liked this idea because it was easy, cute and my little sister has a rag blanket which she received from our church in Virginia. She loves this blanket. This would be our prototype. My mom liked the idea of being able to pray for a new mom and to meet a specific need. So I talked to Pastor Steve about the idea and within a couple of weeks we had a due date for our first blanket on October 24th to be delivered to a new mom in Mali on November 3, 2010.
My mom and I had no experience sewing, much less making quilts. With a lot of help from the Holy Spirit, the internet and a nice lady from the quilting store we finished the quilt and it was delivered to a new mom in Mali.
No comments:
Post a Comment